03 February 2009

my flitting thoughts light briefly hereon...

...in other words, here are a few things I've been thinking about lately. This is my excuse for a blog post when I lack the motivation or subject matter to write anything of my own.


Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.
-Job 13:15

Oh Master, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood as to understand,
Or to be loved as to love with all my soul.
-a song

I cannot think well of a man who sports with any woman's feelings; and there may often be a great deal more suffered than a stander-by can judge of.
-Jane Austen


And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things."
-Luke 10:41

It takes no courage whatsoever to type alone in my study. Especially when I'm typing for a safe audience.
-Andree Seu

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here's a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?
-Jack Handey

Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug.
-John Lithgow

3 comments:

Luke said...

You always find the most interesting quotes.

Rebecca said...

I saw a hilarious quote today,
I don't remember exactly, but it was something to this effect:
"If writers wrote the way some people talk, aslkfnawiefsalknv lk[ajfwaf'asmf ;swkapo[wamf."

:D (I personally don't think I know anyone who talks quite that... gibberish-ly)

Qtierney said...

I only wish my own thoughts were as interesting. I am thankful for people, both dead strangers and current friends, who think of these things first so that I can think about them afterwards.

That's a pretty good quote, Becky. ;-) I don't know that I usually speak quite that poorly, but my thoughts sometimes look almost exactly like that.