20 October 2008

The Song of the Salesman

I was going through some old papers yesterday, and found this little song I made up years ago. Probably the only truly great thing I've ever written. If you feel so disposed, you can sing it to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it".

This is all you need to make your life complete!
Even though it doesn't work it's really neat!
See, it's packaged so inviting,
Don't those colors look exciting?
And that price you thought so fright'ning
Can't be beat!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I remember that one...Your mother wanted you to sing it when for us, in the Fareway parking lot. :)

Luke said...

I didn't know there was a salesman side to you. I must admit that it is rather frightening;)

Qtierney said...

Heh...I remember that, too. Except I forgot that we were at Fareway at the time. Interesting. I'm pretty sure I didn't sing it, though. :-)

And yes, it is definitely frightening. Obviously, if I set out to sell you something, there is no escape.

Rebecca said...

Nice. :) I don't know if I've read it before, but it sounds slightly familiar.
By the way, here's my "blog" where I post miscellaneous items (not of interest, I assure you)
http://rebeccasscatteredscribblings.blogspot.com/
You are the first person this has been made known too--I was thinking maybe I should just write on it, and then I would know no one would read it so I wouldn't have to worry.
Ok, I'll quit rambling. I'm really bad at that. Can you tell? Why there was this one time.......